INTERVIEW WITH LAURA AKEMI
1. Hi, could you start by telling us a bit about yourself?
Hello, my name is Laura, I’m 29 years old. I am half Brazilian half Japanese. I grew up in São Paulo, Brazil and moved to London 6 years ago. I am currently living between London and Dubai. I love travelling
2. How did you decide to be a professional model? Who or what inspired you?
I received an invite to do a fitness advertisement in Brazil. I was inspired by models who started from the bottom and succeed with effort and humility
3. When did you sign with an agency?
I have not signed any contract yet
4. What was your first job? How did it feel?
My first job was a fitness advertisement in Brazil. I was flabbergasted with the experience
5. What is your dream modelling job?
To be cover of Vogue magazine in Japan
6. What magazine would you like to be on the cover of?
7. What do you enjoy most about modelling?
Glamorous and beautiful in any way, shape or form!
8.2020 has been the strangest of years, how did you find lockdown? Any lessons or discoveries?
I connected with myself, keeping busy; Studying, exercising, self-improvement books, and video calls with my family and friends. Reflecting on this moment has been a learning opportunity for me, I could discover a new version of myself. A new chance to focus more on what matters and to think about living life differently going forward.
9. What are your hobbies?
Read, travel, do yoga, and exercises
10. Favorite photographers?
-My photographer Leon Cipriano whom I had the pleasure to work together
11. What is your greatest strength
12. What advice would you give someone starting out?
Believe in yourself and never give up! We only live once so we need to make our dreams come true.